Spring is here . . . finally!!! I was beginning to think that the sun was no longer hiding, but had been taken hostage by the clouds and pouring rain. Now I’m inspired to do spring crafts like this butterfly craft for kids! It’s easy and colorful!
What You Need to Make This Butterfly Craft for Kids:
- Wooden clothes pin
- Paper towel
- Dot markers
- Chenille Stem (Evidently “pipe cleaner” is no longer p.c.!)
How to Make This Butterfly Craft for Kids:
1. Color the base of the clothes pin with markers and add a butterfly face to the top of the clothes pin. Be creative! Butterflies are colorful!
2. Use regular markers or dot markers to decorate the paper towel. This becomes the butterfly’s wings, so again be creative!
3. Twist the center of the colorful paper towel and attach the clothes pin to the twisted part.
4. Spread out the edges of the colorful paper towel so it looks like butterfly wings.
5. Twist the chenille stem around the top of the clothes pin and push the ends upwards to create the butterfly’s antennae.
This easy butterfly craft for kids is a wonderful way to welcome longer days and warmer temperatures. Finally!